Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Earthquakes,Volcanos,Wildfires,Hurricanes,Tornados, and Oceanic and Earth Consequences

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

The Canary holiday island of La Palma has recorded dozens of mini-earthquakes over the weekend with more than 40 tremors being recorded in just 48 hours, all between 1.5 and 2.7 on the Richter scale.  In the following hours, another ten tremors were recorded, taking the total of mini-earthquakes until Tuesday to 50.

La Palma is the most north-westerly island of the Canary Islands, and is home to some 86,000 people - a population which increases significantly during tourist season. Like the other Canary Islands, La Palma is volcanic and is considered the most 'active' in the archipelago.

Within recent months, volcanoes in Mexico, Indonesia and Vanuatu are at varying levels of imminent eruptions having belched smoke, ash and red-hot rocks, covering villages in ash and forcing hundreds of thousands to evacuate.

Popocatepetl volcano near Mexico City also showed actibity, heightening the anxieties of Mexicans still shaken by the powerful earthquake that killed hundreds and severely damaged thousands of buildings.

Meanwhile, the exodus from a menacing volcano on the Indonesian tourist island of Bali is nearing 100,000 people, as hundreds of tremors have been recently recorded.

And then of course, we have our own super-volano in Yellowstone National Park showing signs of volcanic activity as well . So much all happening within the past few months.

Mother Earth is screaming and shaking and about to erupt. Just as many of her peoples have been angered and full of vengeful thoughts and actions. And since everything is connected and what happens within the collective consciousness and msnifests outwardly in our physical world whether that is  expressed in climate change or earths or human eruptions.

And look at all that has been happened. Look at our own patterns, then look at our world and our earth. After the onslaught of wildfires from Washington, Oregon, Montana, Colorado and down through California what will happen to the Pacific Ocean and our Rim of Fire?

All of the fault lines and our already warming oceans and increasing climate changes at the poles.

I'm seeing patterns inside and out and feeling a great need to center and send positive light working energies to all of the hurting places in so many hurtibg people and on Mother Earth's surface and deep beneath as well.

Please join me in whatever form you practice by using our focus, positive intentions and gifts of love and healing grace to fill up our hearts and our world with positive and life affirming manifestations.

Jeanne Mayell, Tee, RunestoneOne and 7 people reacted
Topic Tags
(@unk-p)

Hey everybody, I was just wondering what you feel about Houston? The reason I'm asking
, is because, even before Hurricane Harvey, I saw 2 floods. The second one was not as deep, but wider in effect, and even more discouraging. Am I just trip pin? Peace and love, yall

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

Michelle, with the recent earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia, I was wondering if you see it as part of a pattern, or a one-off?

I usually notice when there are rumblings in La Palma because I actually lived there for a couple of years when I was little. I'm naturally attuned to it.

I recently got the sense that the solar eclipse over the Anctartica in 2025 would be accompanied by great Earth events, probably a big earthquake. What do you think?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

This is a great thread, Michele et al.  Michele thanks for that amazing post listing all those events. 

Back in the early 1980's, the top psychics of the day saw that in addition to seas rising up, we'd be seeing a lot of earthquakes , tsunamis, and volcanos.  I kept wondering why sea level rise would also coincide with volcanos and earthquakes.  

You write how we are all connected and Mother Earth is upset just as we are upset. And in the last Read the Future night I felt pulled away from political issues and heard trees outside my window.  I felt their distress. And of course they would be.  But now science  has found a definite link between climate change and volcanos, tsunamis and earthquakes. 

Researchers now show  that monster storms  do lead to movements in tectonic plates, including the Haitian quake that killed 220, 000 people.  Here's a story in the Guardian summarizing some findings.

A  piece of research published in the journal Nature in 2009 by Chi-Ching Liu showed  "evidence for a link between typhoons barreling across Taiwan and the timing of small earthquakes beneath the island."

"And it isn’t only earthquake faults that today’s storms and torrential rains are capable of shaking up. Volcanoes seem to be susceptible too. On the Caribbean island of Montserrat, heavy rains have been implicated in triggering eruptions of the active lava dome... Stranger still, Alaska’s Pavlof volcano appears to respond not to wind or rain, but to tiny seasonal changes in sea level. The volcano seems to prefer to erupt in the late autumn and winter, when weather patterns are such that water levels adjacent to this coastal volcano climb by a few tens of centimetres. This is enough to bend the crust beneath the volcano, allowing magma to be squeezed out, according to geophysicist Steve McNutt of the University of South Florida, “like toothpaste out of a tube.'" 

The author also spoke of the last time the earth warmed 6 degrees Fahrenheit, triggering "geological mayhem."  We are clearly now headed for 7 degree F warming. 

Michele, Marley, Michele and 1 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Saw this article today and it seems to mirror a lot of Jeanne's visions of US migration and changes due to Climate Change.  It is already beginning to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/24/americas-era-of-climate-mass-migration-is-here

Michele, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 1 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Continuing in the vein of patterns and connections in nature and specifically Earth consequences, Europe's most active volcano, Mount Etna is slowly but surely on a wild ride into the Ionian Sea. A million people live on the slopes of the mountain and their dangers and potential loss of life and homes plus it's own sliding and sinking instability would also create mega-tsunamis that would  completely devastate and change entire shores of the eastern Mediterranean.

What scientists are now saying is that it's magnetic forces are less influential than a gravitational spreading in an outward expansion. To better understand that, check out National Geographics link at:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/10/news-mount-etna-volcano-sliding-sea-gravity-geology/

Marley and Marley reacted
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Hurricane Willa is nearing the Pacific coast of Mexico as a potentially catastrophic Category 5 storm, after experiencing what the National Hurricane Center called "explosive" strengthening over the past 48 hours.

Willa's maximum sustained winds, as of Monday morning, were 160 mph, making it a top-of-the-scale hurricane. Its current intensity is slightly more than Hurricane Michael's when it made landfall in Florida's Panhandle less than two weeks ago.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/22/world/hurricane-willa-mexico-wxc/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

A magnitude 6.8 earthquake struck northwest of Canada's Vancouver Island late Sunday, according to the United States Geological Survey. It was one of a trio of earthquakes to occur in quick succession on the same fault line.

The US Geological Survey said the preliminary 6.6-magnitude earthquake was 6.8 miles deep, about 135 miles southwest of Port Hardy, a town on the northeastern end of Vancouver Island. It occurred at 10:39 p.m. local time (1:39 a.m. Monday ET), according to the USGS.

Canada's west coast lies on the Ring of Fire, a 25,000-mile (40,000-kilometer) arc where the Pacific Plate pushes against smaller tectonic plates, creating seismic activity.

All together in the past week, there have been 30 earthquakes in this area.

https://www.wthitv.com/content/national/498182561.html?ref=561

Marley, Sophie, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

There has been several more earthquake in the same area through out the day but with lesser intensity.  There was one in of the US and Mexico coast.  There was also a 5.0 earthquake in Fukushima, Japan.

It looks like the Ring of Fire wants to day "hi".  Hopefully it's saying "bye" as well

Michele and Michele reacted
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

I couldn't believe it when I read about this: In the month of October, off Nova-Scotia's coast, the water was between 20 and 24 C.  That is between 68 and 75.3 F.  In Canada!  In October!  A boat (the Hudson) uses sea water to cool its engines.  They were doing scientific research, taking water temperature.  The water was so warm they had to slow down so the engines wouldn't overheat.  They say the water was up to 5 or 6 C higher than usual at this time of year.

I am reminding myself the old 3Rs motto from the 90s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/research-ocean-temperatures-ships-1.4872492

Marley, Michele, Marley and 1 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Wow, this is amazing and no doubt fits into the whole topic here of "Earth and Climate Change...and Consequences" pattern in a rather speeded up way! And actually you could just place this there under that topic title if you wanted to.  Surely a very interesting consequence of some kind!

Makes me wonder what else is happening underneath it all, literally and figuratively. Any feeling or info on whether it's part of changing climate pattern or man's direct interference in that specific area...imagining things like power plant or massive manufacturing plants dumping heated by products into ocean kind of thing, or even underwater volcano if that's possible.

Across from you in SE Alaska this season our water was low 40s f.

Very interesting and very disturbing.

(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Researchers have discovered active fault lines on Mount Hood that could potentially trigger a 7.2 magnitude earthquake, devastating communities and infrastructure as far west as Portland. (Oregon)

A 7.2 magnitude earthquake is larger than the 1989 earthquake near the San Francisco Bay Area.   And faults on Mount Hood are closer to Portland that the epicenter of the 1989 earthquake was to San Francisco.

"This would be a crustal earthquake as opposed to the Cascadia subduction zone earthquake Portland has been bracing for," Prof. Ashley Streig said. "Subduction zone quakes are deeper below the surface, they last longer --as long as seven minutesz -- but they are lower in amplitude."

The kind of quake we would get from Mt. Hood would be shorter --20 seconds to less than a minute-- and would be "strong enough to knock you off your feet."

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/10/faults_discovered_on_mount_hoo.html

(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

According to the last major assessment by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the world's oceans have taken up over 90% of the excess heat trapped by greenhouse gases.

But this new study says that every year, for the past 25 years, we have put about 150 times the amount of energy used to generate electricity globally into the seas - 60% more than previous estimates.

As well as potentially making it more difficult to keep warming below 1.5 or even 2C this century, all that extra heat going into the oceans will prompt some significant changes in the waters.

"A warmer ocean will hold less oxygen, and that has implications for marine ecosystems," said Dr Resplandy.

"There is also sea level, if you warm the ocean more you will have more thermal expansion and therefore more sea level rise."

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46046067*

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@vestralux)

I'm not sure this is the best place for these, but here goes.

Two visions:

The first is of a massive wildfire in Canada, possibly Alberta. I'm picking up a potential connection to the oil sands. My feeling is that this fire would be caused by man, either the result of human or corporate negligence, or as a direct result of sabotage of some kind. There's an energy of things having gotten very out of hand. And though there may be terrible costs, there's also a sense of Nature reclaiming her ground. 

In the second, I'm seeing the downstream effects of decreased snowmelt in Canada and the U.S. Rockies. This appears to have prolonged consequences for certain American watersheds. In certain regions, rivers, lakes, and reservoirs appear very low or even dry. Where the waters are very low, they appear quite toxic, as though stagnation has allowed the reality to surface. 

There's a sense that this scenario had been widely predicted by scientists, so that certain corporations have been maneuvering to acquire rights to lands, resources, and technologies in advance of widespread drought.

There's an incredible energy of greed involved here—think Flint, MI writ large—but there's also what I can only describe as a spiritual federation of forces holding ground. There are native ancestors and many others aligned and supporting the Earth and those who support her and one another. 

BlueBelle, Michele, CDeanne and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks for posting. I am assuming they didn’t give you a sense of timing.  But if you know timing, do share.    Or do you feel it has already happened at the source, but  just hasn’t fully played out yet.  

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@vestralux)

Jeanne, I'm not getting specific timing for either of these except that I sense the Canadian wildfires may happen in 2019. It feels several months out, and logically I'm assuming it would have to be in warmer/dryer months, though I don't know for sure. I could even be wrong about the exact location. As I write this, I'm sensing two locations, though I'm not sure what that means.

For the water event, I feel that is further out, possibly years. It may start slowly in the short-term, impacting smaller regions at first, but like many others here, I'm sure, I've seen mass migrations—human and animal—due to environmental changes/climate crises, and this may be one of those. It may build progressively, or ebb and flow in strange degrees over the ensuing decades.

Though I do see a transformative shift occurring by 2030. There's a more collaborative feel to the way people are interacting with nature. Technology, communities, civilization generally—everything feels "greener." Also ... crystalline?  

(@vestralux)

There's already inexpensive and mobile technology to desalinate ocean water, which could be (and eventually will be) made widely available. That's just one very small example of a beneficial grand challenge being supported by purpose-driven organizations (as opposed to profit-driven ones).

As I got to the end of my previous post, I felt a sense of pressure or tension releasing. I sincerely feel that the message here is that while there will be earth changes, and resultant confusion and fear, there will also be a great deal of positive transformation. We are being supported. There is light all around and within us. This time isn't about retribution and hellfire; it's about renewal and rebirth. 

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I'm closing this environmental disaster thread and encouraging people to carry it forward with new disaster topics: 

Just opened one on the California Fires: If you are following the California fires, we now have a topic on it here.  https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/climate-and-earth-predictions/california-fires-latest-crisis-government-response-and-predictions-for-future/#post-8755

Also opening up a continuation of this thread in Natural Disasters (Fires, Floods, Super Storms, Drought, Earthquakes).

Share: