Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Amazon Rainforest Burning

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

One fifth of all oxygen produced on Earth is from the Amazon Rainforest.  The fires burning right now are a real emergency. Wondering if we can all send light and love to the Amazon forests. Also wondering what you all see will happen because of the out of control fires.

herondreams, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@celticwitch)
Estimable Member Registered

Done. 

Just also seen a Facebook post asking us to spell cast/manifest rain for the area.  I completed a 'meditation' (this is the best word I can find for casting/manifesting). There's lots of us there and lots of love being sent to the area. Lots of pure power.  Rain will fall. I could feel the ground soft and muddy and a relief. 

I feel that 'they' thought we would roll over and forget about it.  There's more of us awake than ever. 

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

There are also widespread fires in the Arctic Circle part of Russia.  The fires can be seen from space. Will send soothing energy to all the precious woodlands on fire tonight.

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

I just read an article that indirectly implicates you-know-who in the Amazon rain forrest fires.  It suggests the reason for urgency in setting the fires is so Brazilian farmers can plant more soy to sell to China.  This is the same soy the US used to sell to China but that's now rotting in silos.  

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

We should all keep our prayers going.

I’d like to set up another online event of solidarity and healing prayer for the next full moon which is the harvest moon on September 14. 

The burning of the Amazon, the lungs of the world, and the despair of the indigenous people who live there is a sign that the darkness is accelerating.  Those people and their counterparts around the world are the sacred caretakers of our earth.   They are a treasure and they are our hope.  People should be emulating them not destroying their land.  

But while justified, our outrage at the profiteering lawmakers like Bolsonaro and Trump puts the problem and the solution out of our hands, leaving us impotent and weak. 

We can do better with prayer and healing.

And we can do best with a radical understanding that all is interconnected.  That we have influence over the fate of these lands.

The land is burning because right wing leaders are enabling this abomination in the name of profit.  

But the land is profitable because people around the world are demanding beef and soybeans and Brazilian farmers want the money that people around the globe are willing to pay.  

In Indonesia people are also burning their peat forests releasing huge amounts of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere because the people around the world are demanding palm oil.  Palm oil is so many of the processed foods we buy. It’s in candy bars for sale in CVS and Safeway. 

In other words we all are connected to these life-giving sacred forests. We all can play a role in tipping the balance either way. 

September 14 is the harvest moon — a full moon. I am aiming for that date to meet on line. 

numerologist, herondreams, Lilinoe and 13 people reacted
(@five81993)
Reputable Member Registered

Sadly, there are fires in Angola and the Congo too, central Africa...

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/fires-burning-angola-congo-amazon-maps-190827012619287.html

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

As of today, Bolsonaro has banned fire setting for 60 days because he's embarrassed by all the bad publicity he's been getting.  His behavior seems so Trump-like.  He declined the funds offered by Macron until Macron apologizes for insulting him.  His ego is more important than the Amazon.  

(@erkmen-savaskan)
Reputable Member Registered

The Amazon, Siberia, Africa and so many places in Europe. All in August. As if somebody pushed a button. I think Trump, Bolsonaro and alike are just middlemen - anchor faces so to speak. How about we meditate and direct our visions to the real guy? guys? Pushing the buttons and pulling the strings of these puppets ?

villager and villager reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

It turns out I won't be able to meet online for the full moon meditation, but I will be meditating on Saturday night at 9 pm eastern during the full moon sending prayers of healing to our earth. If you had been thinking of joining me on Saturday night, please do so at the same time. 

herondreams, villager, Dina and 5 people reacted
Share: