74 Posts
21 Users
229 Likes
14 K Views
(@dharmainfrisco)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

Has anyone meditated on the recent activity in space. Nasa announced a foreign object entering our Milky Way, orbiting in our solar system and leaving our system back into outer space. Even though the official claim was a comet or astroid I'm feeling it was something intelligent scanning our planet. Please let me know what you think.  Zoron, I'm hoping to get your input on this.

Thanks,

Dharma

Jeanne Mayell, Lola, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Hi Dharma, 

Hi Dharma, Thanks for posting about this. I'm assuming you are talking about this guy?    -- Here's an excerpt from an article about the post graduate fellow who spotted the object:  "The space rock followed a path like nothing he'd ever seen. Instead of circling around the "ecliptic" — the plane on which planets, asteroids, comets and other solar system objects orbit the sun — this new thing approached from above. It seemed to be coming from the direction of the constellation Lyra and had been cruising through the chilly void of interstellar space at nearly 16 miles a second...On Sept. 2, it crossed the elliptic plane inside Mercury's orbit. A week later, it made its closest approach to the sun. Tugged by the sun's gravity, it reversed course and hurtled back above the elliptic at an angle, passing about 15 million miles from Earth on Oct. 14. It is now headed for the constellation Pegasus."  

It feels "alive" to me. They've decided it is an asteroid but they don't sound convinced.

Hey Zoron, what do you think? 

Flor, Lola, Flor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi Jeanne,

I am aware of this object, and am tracking it, re online reports. The trajectory is very interesting. It is the first confirmed interstellar object to be seen crossing the Solar System. (others have, we just did not get a look). The close flyby of the Sun is fascinating. The speed is about what you would expect, from a natural object, subject to the Gravity pull of the Sun. It has performed a "Slingshot" manoeuvre, whereby it gains speed, and is ejected from the Solar system, at escape velocity. It has not shown that it is under propulsion. So my view is that it is a rock. But the mass, at 400 tonnes, is faily low, and yet it was reflecting enough light to be seen from Earth, by an amateur astronomer. So just possibly, a flying hulk, low density, high volume, lots of reflectivde surface. but this would also fit a large lump of flying ice. But, no contrail of boiling off gas, like a comet. So intriguing. But I would plump for "Rock". When it Earth flyby's, (60 moon distances from Earth), a lot of amateur sky watchers are going to be tracking it. Some have pro gear. Be sure, if anything is unusual, it will be spotted. But, fascinating. 

Flor, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@reikiblossom)
Eminent Member Registered

This might just be a personal expression but last night I had a vivid dream about a global problem with an alien craft, looking dark and spikey/spidery that was 'cloaked' and taking people away.

My awake intuition tells me that we will at some point become consciously aware of life besides our own terran species. Also, separately, that the Earth's population is going to be quite drastically reduced within my lifetime (I'm 43 now).

I also have felt quite strongly that we have been prepared for this meeting through stories. From fairytales, myths and legends to today's incredibly direct and graphic science-fiction, having these ideas in our mass-consciousness will lessen the shock when it does, eventually, happen.

Flor, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Zoron, Thanks for such an informed answer. 

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

I posted this in the predictions page, I thought it might be a hit :D  

NASA makes great discovery. (Bill)” for October – is this maybe the meteor from another galaxy that was spotted? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/10/27/a-space-rock-from-another-star-is-spotted-in-our-solar-system-a-cosmic-first/?utm_term=.b9d9d577a72f

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes, Diana, Thank you!  I will let Bill know too.  He's from the local predictions group and tends to see these kinds of things. 

diana11 and diana11 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

This is from Zoron - there was a duplicate topic with duplicate posts which I deleted (because they were duplicates),  except for this one which was not a duplicate from Zoron. So I'm posting it here:  

Regarding the extra solar long thin object, as far as we know, it is not artificial, just a very odd and unusual external intruder into the solar system. 

But it does raise an issue. it was picked up several months ago, when it was a lot further out, and our space lookout systems are very good now. if that is the case, then the deep space system, that scans for asteroids, is likely to have picked up real alien intrusions. So yet another example of the powers that be telling lies to us. They are out there. within the Earths atmosphere, there have been occasional sightings of very large ships, and we are talking here of ships the size of American aircraft carriers. Yet another example of something that is simply not talked about. I hope that this puts it in context. FYI, the very large radio telescope in Porto rico was used to do a very large scan of several terahertz of wave bands, over several hours, of the object. Nothing detected. Zilch. It seems to be a rock. 

ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Reikiblossom, what do you mean by our population is going to be reduced in your life time? Sorry I know it's an older post but I am curious and this post caught my attention. Is the population going to start dying off  in large or start spreading out into space? If anyone could answer this it would be appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

I've seen articles that say people are having fewer kids, including millennials, Americans, the Japanese, the British, and others. Could this be a reason for a possible population reduction in the future?

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

That is a possibility and the baby boomers slowly dying off. So that could be it too?

ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

War, famine, disease, death--consequence of severe global warming. I am a so-called baby boomer. I see it encroaching on my lifetime, and certainly the generations that follow. 

ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

I fear at the amount of lives to be lost from all of this. It's frightening and a hard thought to take in. I want to try to give my son the best life I can, but I don't know where to start at with everything that is going on.

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

I'm getting a strong feeling that a significant UFO or alien contact event is going to happen this weekend.

A while ago I posted on this thread that the interstellar asteroid seemed to have been felt in some way by several science-fiction authors, as a number of its features appeared in science fiction novels dealing with asteroids. Especially "Rendevouz with Rama" from Arthur C. Clarke and "Footfall" by Larry Niven. The original post seems to have been lost.

Also, on the subject of population reduction, I know many people worry about this, but I don't get an impression of anything like that happening in any large scale. While I do get significant potential for WWIII and climate change causing famine in poor countries, I don't get the impression that the number of dead add up to something that could be described as "significant world population reduction". My impression is that population numbers stabilize around current levels during our lifetimes.

I do get, however, the feeling of a big change in human consciousness. This is what could give others the impression of human population reduction. They don't recognize future human consciousness because it's operating at a higher level. This is related to learning that we are no longer alone in the Universe.

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Maria, thank you for this comment. It has sparked a missing piece that blocked my understanding/openness to many of the alien/consciousness timelines that have been calling me to understand since young adult years when the science fiction shelf in our small public library drew me in,one book after another.

When I tap into the realm of current events and their effects on consciousness, the potential exponentially huge ramifications in understanding life, death, and the entire nature of perception and perceived reality,  manifestation etc. fills me with hope for all of us.

Jeanne Mayell, Grace, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Maria, thank you for this comment. It has sparked a missing piece that blocked my understanding/openness to many of the alien/consciousness timelines that have been calling me to understand since young adult years when the science fiction shelf in our small public library drew me in,one book after another.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

It's hard to tell with certainty, but it does look like the number of UFO sightings last weekend was unusually high, including some UFOs in space: one seen from the ISS, another on the moon, and another one flying by Mars seen by an amateur astronomer. It will be a matter of waiting till researchers sift through the data to see if any of them are particularly intriguing.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Meanwhile scientists claim to have solved the Fermi paradox and are declaring there is no other sentient life in the Universe.

I'd rather hold out hope that there are aliens. Right now we're doing a lousy job of being sentient.  R1

Flor, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

I have a degree in maths and I find the Fermi Paradox argument interesting. The main issue is, as many people have pointed out, if you have little information (and we do), well, you have little information. You can't very well deduce a lot from little information.

So far, the evidence that we have is that:

(a) Planets are common, and Earth-like planets are very likely common as well.

(b) The basic chemistry of life is common

We don't know if life itself is common, but the evidence suggests that basic single-celled life is likely to be common. (This is based on computer simulations, and the fact that life on Earth seems to have appeared almost as soon as it was possible for it to survive).

What may be uncommon, and we don't know how uncommon (or if we do know, the governments of the world are keeping very quiet about it):

(a) Photosynthesis. We know it took a long time to develop on Earth.

(b) Multicellular life.

(c) Large land-based animals. Strictly speaking, maybe it isn't necessary for a technological species, but it's very hard to come up with ideas on how a marine creature could develop much of a technology. No fire allowed, for starters.

(d) Sufficient intelligence to gain complete control over food sources. On Earth, it looks like we went very fast from agriculture to a highly technological society. Most animals spend most of their time looking for food. It looks likely that once an animal is intelligent enough to control their own food sources, and reduce the time spent looking for food to a fraction, the free time plus the intelligence is almost guaranteed to lead them to great things.

We should soon have an answer to (a), because photosynthesis changes the composition of the atmosphere of a planet, and we'll probably soon be able to figure out the composition of the atmosphere of exoplanets. There are several types of photosynthesis here on Earth, though it's mostly dominated by the kind green plants have. But in other planets the dominant type could be another. Having several types of photosynthesis on Earth suggests that even if it's rare, it may not be terribly rare.

I can't think of any way of figuring out (b) or (c) from a distance, so the next answer will almost certainly be directly (d). And interestingly, chances are that the answer will come pretty soon (assuming we don't have it already and governments are keeping very quiet). Because once our instruments are good enough, we should be able to pick out any signal in our galaxy that other intelligent beings in our galaxy are sending out for the purposes of making first contact.

Jeanne Mayell, Grace, LalaBella and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Maria, I totally agree. Excellent post. Zoron.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: