Notifications
Clear all

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@cindy Wow, you've been thru quite a few hurricanes then! I'm not too worried, my Mom and I moved here from AZ back in 2018, Florence actually delayed our move at the time, I remember seeing all the flooded interstates in the news. I'm up in Jacksonville, near Camp Leguene, my brother in law is a Marine, so we moved out here to be close to my sister, etc. 

We were here for Dorian last year, I was so stressed out, it was my first hurricane. But after going through it, honestly it wasn't any worse that a bad dust storm in Phoenix. We didn't lose power or anything in this area. This year I'm not quite as worried (yet), especially since this one seems similar to Dorian, maybe even weaker, but we'll see how it progresses. I also was out yesterday filling gas, getting a few essentials incase we lose power and such. 

Hope this one passes without too much damage! 

lenor, deetoo, DolphinSpirit and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@michele-b haha, yes, I had one grouchy grandma and one sweet grandma, so I'm thinking it's a 50/50 shot on Nana. ? But fingers crossed we don't get to N's. With the way 2020 is going, I won't be surprised is we make it all the way back to A. ?

lenor, Michele, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Josephine is the name of the lovely girl my son has been seeing for nearly three years until last week. Hopefully that isn't an omen ... ;)

lenor, Lovendures, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@avon

So yesterday, I got an alert on my phone about how tropical storm Josephine is forming in the Atlantic. It gave me a little jolt, which I have learned could be a little intuitive prompt to look into things further. It made me remember our thread here, so I decided to throw some cards and what I received was very similar to what I threw over a week ago, which I thought was really interesting.

To recap, for my first throw, I got The Magus and wrote down that the storm may be "transformative", perhaps have a message for us and be a catalyst for healing.

Then yesterday, I threw cards and got Prince of Cups and also Aeon. Really weird cards (to me) to get for a storm. My interpretation based on the text (which I often look up to see what resonates) was that the storm may be a time of judgement; regeneration; transformation, love and change. Again, not sure how that applies to a storm - though perhaps it indicates that *when* the storm hits it may do physical damage, or perhaps usher in the beginning of a period of more intense change as the election approaches? 

lenor, deetoo, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@cc21 Those are interesting cards you got! I follow the NOAA page for the storms, the reports are that Josephine is going to fizzle out. So I'm curious if something may change!

Here's the NOAA page (of you click on the little red icon for Josephine, it gives you all the info about that storm): https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

I got the 6 of cups last time I pulled cards, this time I got the Ten of Cups - Satiety. The card read to me as a bunch of bull heads snorting out water. The book says "perfect success, but incomplete." So based on the storm tracking, I'm wondering if that's what happens. It strengthened enough to become a hurricane, but then fizzles out. ?‍♀️?‍♀️ 

lenor, deetoo, CC21 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

@cc21 @avon

I interpret the Prince of Cups as indicating lack of reliability, or doesn't follow through. The fact that Josephine will fizzle out without making landfall would explain that card. As for the Aeon, that could be a warning that this storm marks the beginning of a new violent phase in the hurricane season, and that we better pay attention to Josephine even if it doesn't hit land? This would especially be the case if Josephine strengthens into at least a category 3 hurricane.

lenor, deetoo, Ms. C. and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@avon @coyote 

Thanks for the follow-up. I like both of your interpretations - it sounds like it may be as you both said, it looks like it has potential, but then fizzles, but perhaps serves as a warning of more to come (and more severe storms to come.) 

And thanks for the link to NOAA - will have to check it out.

lenor, deetoo, Avon and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@avon @coyote

I know the DNC has taken precedence this week, but anyone following the storms lately? Two tropical depressions have formed in the Atlantic (TD 13 and TD14) that have the potential to be in the Gulf of Mexico at the same time, overlapping over New Orleans. The weather folk are calling this unprecedented. Made me think of our Tarot readings and what could potentially become hurricane Marco (I think...will have to double check my notes.) Also made me think of the flooding I kept interpreting from the cards I pulled. Will definitely be two to watch.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

lenor, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

Oooo - I thought I got ahead of myself with the naming, but I just heard that Tropical Depression 13 (one of the ones I mentioned above) is now Tropical Storm Laura, so that makes TD14, if it develops further, Marco. So, these two are definitely ones to watch!

lenor, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@cc21 I just saw the naming of Laura, so I bet the other will eventually become Marco. From the forecast, they're both expected to be at least a Cat 1 Hurricane. I read somewhere this is the first time since 1959 that two hurricanes will hit at the same time, so crazy!! But it's 2020, so seems par for the course at this point! If I were in Louisiana, I'd be super concerned at the moment, they're right in between both storms. There's another storm coming off of Africa as well, so things are definitely picking up in the Atlantic. 

I pulled new cards (Thoth Deck) for Laura and #14, interestingly I got a 5 card for both:  

Laura - I got the 5 of Swords; Defeat - This did not give me any warm and fuzzies, The glass and destruction around the card concern me. I don't think Laura is going to pass calmly. 

#14 - 5 of Wands; Strife - This card made me think of elderly people, the wands look like canes, and the large center wand looked like a person with shoes on, with the medical symbol on top. I wonder if something will happen to a senior home, hospital, or something similar. 

lenor, deetoo, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@avon

Interesting! I think you may be onto something. I also pulled some cards for both Laura and TD14 and they do resonate with what you got:

I also used the Thoth deck. In my first pull, I didn't really specify which storm and ended up pulling two cards at one time. The first was The Tower and the second was 9 of Disks - Gain. My impression was that both of these storms will "gain" power and have the potential to be very devastating (Tower.)

I reshuffled and pulled a few more:

Tropical Storm Laura:

The Aeon - what struck me in the image are the layers of images, particularly the transparent figure. I think this may reflect the potential for these storms to overlap (layers of storm?)

I pulled one more card for clarification and got The Princess of Swords. This image very much made me think of someone fighting a storm and trying to stay grounded as it raged all around. 

TD14 (potentially Marco)

The Emperor - in the image, I was drawn to his face looking to the darker side of the card and at the darker goat. I see this as indicating a strong storm with a destructive nature.

I pulled one more card for clarification and got the 7 of Swords - Futility. Words from the text that struck me included, "unstable effort" and "vain striving against opposition too powerful." This actually connects with the Princess of Swords above and the impression I had from the image itself. Fighting a storm...perhaps one that is too strong and that effort is futile.

Anyway - we shall see how it develops, I guess.

ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@cc21 Interesting that you got the Princess of Swords! When I first pulled out the deck and was thinking of the storms in general. The card that was visible at the bottom of the deck was the Princess of Swords. So I think you're on to something as well, love your interpretations! 

lenor, deetoo, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@cc21  Interesting indeed ... I texted my daughter Laura this am while drinking coffee and told her.. "You are fixin' to be a hurricane daughter and I think like you.. she can be hell on wheels if we aren't careful to take her seriously and prepare.. slow to anger but when riled up a force to be reckoned with"

lenor, deetoo, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

We might have 2 hit the US on the same day, maybe same state.  

Stay safe everyone.  

Prepare! Prepare! Prepare!  NOW!  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@CC21 @journeywithinme and @lovendures  I'm just rereading @Brightopal's prediction of a super hurricane and two twin hurricanes, which you alluded to earlier and are already in the Gulf of Mexico though not escalated to full hurricane status yet:

• This Fall, there is going to be a super hurricane, not a Category 5 but a super hurricane. There will be two in the Caribbean.  Back to back, tail to tail.  One is turning clockwise the other counter clockwise.  It makes the infinity sign the way they are position.  Then I see a 3rd one a little farther away. The three form a humongous triangle.  Brazil, Mexico, all Caribbean islands and small parts of Florida will be affected.  I see many deaths and islands razed by these things.  It may happen twice this fall and Puerto Rico will be left alone on its own again. (Bright Opal)Predicted 6/1/20.    First ever double hurricanes could hit Gulf of Mexico in the Caribbean

The infinity sign is also the yin/yang symbol turned on its side. This symbol represents the changing world, the shift from dark patriarchy to light matriarchy, from dark to light, that we are now in.  Nature is speaking to us in many different ways, including in the shapes of the storms as seen from space. 

lenor, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-mayell @Brightopal

Wow! That is an incredible vision from Brightopal and so representative of this time (yin/yang as you described.) Amazing. And really interesting that she mentioned it may happen twice this season.

lenor, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

I don't know anything about hurricanes, but I'm not sure the "clockwise/counter clockwise - tail to tail" thing is possible if both of the storms are in the northern hemisphere.  I think the Coriolis effect would cause them both to have the same spin direction?  It's still a good prediction, though, because there are two in the Caribbean just as she said.

lenor, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

If any of you are wondering what happens if the entire list of 2020 hurricane names is exhausted, the answer is the National Hurricane Center would start naming storms after Greek letters (Alpha, Beta, Zeta, etc.). This has only happened in 2005, but I think it’s going to happen again this year. At least one Greek letter name may even have to be retired, which has never happened.

@tgraf66

Correct. If they’re both in the northern hemisphere, then they’d both be spinning counterclockwise.

LalaBella, lenor, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell @tgraf66 @cc21 @bright-opal @coyote

You need to look at this!

USA Today discusses what would happen if both hurricanes come close together.

I looks a whole lot like a Yin Yang symbol to me.  Different yes, but wow very similar!!

It is called the Fujiwhara Effect.

When two hurricanes spinning in the same direction pass close enough to each other, they begin an intense dance around their common center, the National Weather Service said. 

The effect is thought to occur when storms get about 900 miles apart. 

Storms involved in the Fujiwhara effect are rotating around one another as if they had locked arms and were square dancing. Rather than each storm spinning about the other, they are actually moving about a central point between them, as if both were tied to the same post and each swung around it separately of the other.

There is a photo at the story link.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/22/tropical-storms-laura-marco-collide-fujiwhara-effect-explained/3410073001/

Grace, LalaBella, lenor and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures, thanks for explaining how those twin storms can twist in opposite directions. Yesterday when I posted the hit, I was aware that storms rotate in the same direction when they are in the same hemisphere, but I also had seen those two storms in the Pacific demonstrating the Fujiwhara effect. I even posted the video of those storms in the forum yesterday but took down the post because I wanted first to understand how it could happen. I thought maybe it was an optical illusion but now we know, thanks for lovendures, how it can happen.  

So @Bright Opal's vision is pretty amazing in its clarity. It also tells a story from spirit to our world--  that we are in the center of the spiralic shift between two worlds.  Between yin and yang, a symbol of infinity that tells us that the world shifts according to a spiral.  

The Kali Yuga tells us the shift is every 3,000 years, and that it's in this decade.  It is a shift from the darkest patriarchy to early matriarchy. It is moving from dark to light.  

Grace, Unk p, lenor and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6
Share: